[PROGSOC-ANNOUNCE] Notice of AGM and call for nominations

Notice of AGM
=============

What:        ProgSoc Annual General Meeting for 1998

When:        4:00pm, Thursday March 19, 1998

Where:       To be advised

Agenda:      To be finalised, but at least:

                 - Confirmation of minutes of previous AGM

                 - President's report

                 - Treasurer's report

                 - Election of office-bearers for 1998

Notice will also appear on the Union notice-board shortly.

Call for nominations
====================

The election of office-bearers will be for the following five positions,
elected in this order:

- President

- Vice President

- Secretary

- Treasurer

- Computer Systems Officer

If you wish to nominate someone to be a candidate for one or more of
these positions, please send an email to psexec@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au as
follows:

> I (my full name) nominate (full name of nominee) for the position of
> (position)

A seconder (NOT THE SAME PERSON AS THE NOMINATOR) will need to send an
email to psexec@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au as follows:

> I (my full name) second the nomination of (full name of nominee) for
> the position of (position)

If the person nominated was not either of the nominator or seconder,
(s)he will need to send an email to psexec@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au as
follows:

> I (my full name) accept nomination for the position of (position).

All ProgSoc members are eligible to nominate, second or be nominated.

Any member may be nominated for any/all of the available positions.

Any member may nominate/second any number of people (including
him/herself) for any number of positions.

Nominations that are seconded and accepted will be acknowledged by a
posting to the progsoc-announce list.

Roland Turner
President
Programmers' Society