[PROGSOC-ANNOUNCE] Mephisto!

All,

I'm pleased to announce that the new ProgSoc camera is now
un-firewalled and active. Go check it out at

	http://mephisto.progsoc.org/

You might experience problems viewing the streaming image in your
browser. Mozilla and derivatives work well.

Please don't do what Another Member just did and use it to check my
head for lice.

Many thanks to the most awesome Shaun Clowes (shaman@nospam.progsoc) for
donating the cam. :-) It's pretty impressive - embedded Linux system,
built in Web server, web-based configuration...

Technical details courtesy cK:

  740x480 interlaced sampling, representing an image size of 640x480
(Note that we're running at a reduced image size and frame rate to the
outside world right now).

Colourspace is NTSC 1953 and RGB is clamped from 0-255 to 15-235, as
well as a single-sensor CCD, so the colours may appear a little untrue.

You will see dropped frames over the network for an overall approx
15fps, but the image you see will consist of two consecutive 60fps
images.

Product URL: http://www.axis.com/products/cam_2130/

Stuff You Can See:

Sutekh!		(with screen)
Geryon!		(with screen)
Chiron!		(with Blinkenlights(tm))
Trogdor!!	(with in-built Burnination(tm))
Gabriela!!	(limited times only)
Volvo B10BLE!	(the 438 bus outside)
Numberplates!	(subject to Privacy Act 1988)
Comic strips!	(consumer whores and User Friendly)
Comic strips!	(no sex in the office please)
Beer!		(factory)
Cigarettes!	(being smoked downstairs)
Potplants!	(donated courtesy CompSoc(tm))
Randoms!	(on the street, walking to uni)
God!		(visible during daylight only)
Clouds!		(see previous) (can be used for desktop)
Windows!	(installed at ProgSoc)
Mirrors!	(may be installed at ProgSoc, so Gabby can't hide)
Firewalls!	(not really, it's gyprock between us and the Gents)