[PROGSOC-ANNOUNCE] Trivia Night and Meeting

Hi all,

Two important announcements.  Firstly, the UTS Union are holding a trivia
night next Thursday night (the 15th), at 6:30pm in the Glasshouse Bar.  Those
of you who came last year when we came second will remember how great these
trivia nights can be, but this year it looks like the prize pool is even
larger, $1000!  Now's our chance to beat those damn Engineering Society
students and win the society some big cash.

If you can come and help Progsoc in this noble goal, we need as many people as
we can get.  Tables have 8 people on them, and while normally admission would
be $5, we're making it free for our members, so there's no reason not to
come!  Please RSVP as soon as possible, so I can reserve tables.  I'd be
really pleased if we can get two tables this year (first AND second place
would be fantastic).  So again:

WHAT: Union Trivia Night
WHEN: 6:30pm, Thursday 15th September, 2005
WHERE: Glasshouse Bar
WHY: To beat those engineers and win prizes
COST: Normally $5 - FREE for Progsoc members!
RSVP: To the progsoc@progsoc list, ASAP

Also, given that we need to get things organised for the trivia night, and
also to help get projects moving again, we will be holding a member meeting
this Thursday night in the Progsoc room.  So come along, help us plan how to
smash those Engineers, and eat some pizza.  The room will be open from 6pm
onwards (maybe even a little earlier), but even if you can't make it then,
things normally don't really get going until 7pm or even a little later, so
it's no problem to come by late.

See you then!
--
David Edney