Re: Computer Systems Committee

Ryan Shelswell (ryan@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 09:59:14 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 1994, James Wondrasek wrote:

> I'm assuming this is different to the equipment committee, which I imagine
> is all the people who want to take ftoomsh apart, stick disks in it, hang
> modems off of it, burn tattoos into their arms with soldering irons, etc.

What's the difference between the two committees? I mean, what do you
envision the c.s.c doing? If it's fairly similar, it might be more
efficient just to have the one committee.

> PS. Sbg - can we redirect the progsoc list into say, socs.progsoc? Would
> we want to? Do make sure only members join the list? Are we willing to
> open ourselves up to the criticism of outsiders?

We can have a local newsgroup onm ftoomsh, if we wanted. A newsgroup's
probably a good idea, because the mailing list I think will overflow once
the members join up en amsse.

Also on this topic, we should probably archive the progsoc mailing list,
if we aren't already doing that. Can we do that, Sbg? (O he who knoweth
the listproc softwares)

Ryan