Re: Competition co-ordination

Ryan Shelswell (ryan@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Tue, 22 Mar 1994 10:48:10 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 21 Mar 1994, Colin Panisset wrote:

> 'Twould have been interesting to see how far the others go. Perhaps we could
> just run a UTS programming contest anyway, as training -- the elec eng/
> comp. eng/whatever students would (I'm sure) make for interesting
> competition. More like the real contest environment.
>
> Winner gets a rubber duck, something like that. Highest SoCS-only team
> gets to go to the contest. Mixed teams are okay, but only pure SoCS
> get to go unless the other faculties want to send teams too.

BTW, this is *exactly* what we did last year. We did actually have entrants
from elec-eng, as well, but they dropped out. Well, he did - it was Matthew
Gream. I guess more time -> more advertising -> more entrants this year.

>From what I've heard about the difficulty and content of some of the eng.
courses, they'll probably beat most of the CompScis :-) (Ryan throws down
gauntlet).

Ryan
Well you're dirty and sweet/You got a hub-capped diamond-star
halo/you're dirty and sweet oh yeah