Re: Sys Admins Wanted

Philip Shead (phil@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Tue, 3 May 1994 11:08:31 +1000 (EST)

James Wondrasek grovels..

> Anyone interested in having a hand in administering ftoomsh send me some
> mail and we will get a mailing list started.

yes i am interested.

> Sysadmin duties include creating accounts, compiling and installing
> software as needed, requested or desired, answering questions from users
> and fixing things when they break and occasionally breaking things when
> they're fixed.
>
> Sysadmins are expected to be sympathetic to the ignorant and be more
> interested in seeing everyone has a good time than enforcing the few rules
> progsoc has. So, all members of the Junior Fascists need not apply.
>
> Due to the "too many cooks spoil the broth and leave lots of holes" the
> number of active sysadmins will probably number around 5, minus 1 or 2. I
> expect we will swap around every couple of months or so.

if you have too many cooks at this moment i am willing to put it off
till the next stage.

--
Philip Shead (phil@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)  | "The use of COBOL cripples the mind;
                                     |  its teaching should, therefore, be
School of Computing Sciences         |  regarded as a criminal offense."
University of Technology, Sydney     |  -- E. W. Dijkstra (1982)