Re: ftoomsh status

Stephen Boyd Gowing (sbg@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 13:51:34 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Sep 1994, Cameron Andrew Hutchison wrote:

> Once upon a time raz@nospam.number5.apana.org.au said...
> >
> > > From: Piers Johnson - Sechetary <kaleid@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU>
> > >
> > > Well, I'm posting this from ftoomsh. What does that say?
> >
> > It means that ftoomsh's mail service is VERY broken - how it got to Lucy's
> > mail service un-postmarked is a bit of a mystery...
>
> (I assume raz is refering to the lack of Received: lines)
>
> I noticed this too but just put it down to the mailing list software
> regenerating the message. All the other progsoc messages appear similar.

That's part of it, yes, listproc strips out all header information, only
keeping the From: line.

The other problem is the SoCS mail hubs strip hostnames from internally
generated mail, including stuff from machines it doesn't handle mail
for, like ftoomsh (and fox-in).

It's something I've been putting off fixing for a while.

sbg