Re: PINE 3.90

Chris Keane - Chief ENS Pointyhead (Chris.Keane@nospam.aus.sun.com)
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 15:25:32 +1000

From: Alex Portnoy <aportnoy@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU>

> It's a godsend for me, personally. The previous version of Pine didn't
> have this, and this mean that I (who had subscribed to 50 or so
> ListServs) couldn't differentiate between my personal, important mail &
> "news"-type mail. I subscribed to ListServs, I confess, because I did not
> understand the correct way to use tin. Although I am now beginning to
> unsubscribe to more ListServs and starting to learn tin.

Let me introduce you to filters. Filters, meet Alex. Alex, meet filters.
CPU cycles and memory are cheap (spoken like a true vendor) so why not
sort your mail automatically on arrival and have priority 1, 2 and 3
mailboxes all running simultaneously?

Hey it works for me and I'm somehow involved in over 500 emails per day.

Christofu.