Re: Evil ftoomsh users..

Christopher Fraser (chrisf@nospam.sour.sw.oz.au)
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 22:51:11 +1100

But I thought Alister Air said:

> Having just subscribed to the ProgSoc mailing list, as an Infomation
> Studies student, I was quite surprised to note that the first issue was a
> series of posts re a "controlling structure" for ftoomsh accounts...

There are list archives on the ftoomsh WWW server. You might want to read the
comments about signature sizes :-)

> While I most certainly don't mean to judge, I would suggest that "the
> committee" be set up *as soon as possible* to deal with these issues. To
> tell you the truth, I am surprised that such a committee has yet to be
> set up, even informally...

The original idea was to start with the Acceptable Usage Policy and form
additional structures as necessesary. I'm surprise that the need has
arisen so quickly. Kind of annoying too, because there are much more
productive things I'd rather worry about (like getting a tape drive).

Anyway, I'm currently trying to write/collate a draft policy.
I'll post is RSN.

Then we need a meeting. Sometime next week? (yes, I know everyone is trying
to study for exams ... it's be quick I promise)

> [ sensible suggestions ]

I'll try to incorporate them in my draft.

--
Christopher Fraser   ``Enjoy source code in moderation''
chrisf@nospam.sw.oz.au