Re: JLP: Decision on the Piracy Issue

Steve Evans (steve@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au)
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 13:32:54 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Nov 1994, Matthew Gream wrote:

> `Ryan Shelswell' wrote:
> >
> > Don't let me stop you guys...
> >
> > BTW There was no mention of selling the software, and also Piers is not a
> > discordian, despite the last post ;-)
> >
> > Ryan
>
> I thought there was something about FSP (thinking back to the orignal
> post going back a month or two now) ? Running an FSP service implies
> that the account was being used to collect and disseminate software ?
> Is that correct, or was I blinded by the fact that I agreed with what
> Josh was saying wrt. the severity of copyright infringement ?

Noway! ... There are many "normal" sites which run fsp daemons -
including wuarchive, and funet...

I use it alot to connect to these sites mainly because there is no "30
user limit"... very much less of a hassle to connect!

--
    Steve Evans                          sjevans@nospam.banksia.itd.uts.edu.au
                                             sjevans@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au