Re: Redirecting Mail

Gargamel (gargamel@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au)
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 23:34:46 +1100 (EST)

G'day

On Thu, 1 Dec 1994, Joshua Pitcher wrote:

> G'Day!!
>
> My account on acacia is to be closed over cristmas, so they tell me, and
> as a result I will not be able to read my mail.
>
> Is there a way that I can redirect all incoming mail to my ftoomsh account?

If you wish to redirect any mail from one account to another use a
".forward" file in the root of the account you wish to redirect from with
the address to redirect to on a line by itself (what an effort that was)

If your account is removed (which is what is happening to itd accounts)
then you can't redirec mail from it!!!

> : Joshua Pitcher: jpitcher@nospam.acacia.itd.uts.edu.au :
> : jpitcher@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au :
> : vk2kjd@nospam.vk2xsb.ampr.org :
> : PO Box 253 Pymble 2073 :

Hope it was useful

Timbo (alias Gargamel) Sadler | Trust because you are willing
trsadler@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au | to accept the risk,
gargamel@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au | not because it is safe
A mere student... | or certain.