Re: The JLP discussions

Glenn Rickersey (glennr@nospam.wormald.com.au)
Thu, 15 Dec 1994 11:56:07 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Dec 1994, Ryan Shelswell wrote:

[.. snip ..]

> The actual agreed scope of the JLP was to deal with any member complaints
> and issues (I remember because I brought it up :-)

You brought it up but I dont think it was 'agreed'. Unless your
sentence is alot less sweeping that I read it as.

> For people that missed the meeting and haven't been involved in the
> discussions, basically the JLP is set up to:

[.. snip ..]

> b) Provide a forum for discussion of issues that members have brought
> forward. (So, someone who felt strongly about a particular idea or issue
> could send it to the JLP and say "No, really guys, consider this
> seriously and see what you think"). In this way, everyone's ideas get a
> fair hearing.

I don't remember this being a JLP thing.

I also don't think it's reflected in the minutes (though the minutes
do say that the JLP has a role in examining all progsoc operation
which I also don't think was the original intention).

I think the AGM is going to be most amusing.

glenn.