Re: TFM'95 - The Final Update

James Torrent - ENS Pointyhead (James.Torrent@nospam.aus.sun.com)
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:31:05 --1000

Hi ppl,

> From owner-progsoc@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.EDU.AU Thu Feb 23 16:25:35 1995
> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 16:20:34 +1100 (EST)
> From: Piers <piers@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au>

> This is startlingly close to an idea already proposed. The only
> problem would be we don't raise any money for ProgSoc if everyone just
> accesses the Web page rather than buy TFM. A further proposal to restrict
> access to the page from within UTS to accounts on ftoomsh, and allow
> unrestricted access from other sites, seems decent, as we had at one time
> had members who wished to sell TFM at other universities.

why let 'other' people get it for free we can make the bastards pay! :-)
Its just a matter of making TFM so damn good that people will feel left out
of society if they arent permanently absorbing its cathartic glow.
Its possible to restrict access to an html document such that you have to
log in (name + password) to be able to see it so why not?

...And we can tell everyone that because its now on the
information super highway it costs $10 extra.... *:)*
despite the fact that we will no-longer incurr printing costs.

Shit lets go global! just imagine if every single com-sci student in
the world paid $5 for the privilege of viewing the No2 force in world
domination via virtualcyberpseudoinformation - TFM *:^)*

progsoc will rule the world.

Thanks,
James.

Bill gates is the antichrist.