RE: Mouse Pointer

Anton Blanchard (anton@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au)
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 18:00:39 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Mar 1995, Kirk Nesbitt may have wrote:

> do any of u know how to make the mouse pointer bigger and/or a
> different colour. I am using fvwm and the c shell.

Ok then you can either use one of the standard cursors or make/steal one
for yourself.

If you want to use one of the standard cursors, use
xsetroot -cursor_name <name>

To find out the names, view /usr/X11/include/X11/cursorfont.h

If you want to something a little more interesting, you'll need two bitmaps,
one for the cursor and the other for the mask. man bitmap to find out how
to make them or better still copy them from someone else (anyone but me :). To
load the cursor use
xsetroot -cursor <cursor bitmap> <mask bitmap>

You can also add -fg <color> -bg <color> to the above commands if you are
that way inclined.

Seeing xsetroot concerns the X server, it should work with any window manager.

seeya
Anton

--
Anton Blanchard                      anton@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au