Re: compiling NOV nn on Linux

Anton Blanchard (anton@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au)
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 20:04:42 +1000 (EST)

Hi Ian,

On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Ian Woolf may have wrote:

> > I had this problem as well. The compiler is choking on:
> > int atoi();
> > long atol();
> >
> > I expect this would be because linux implements atoi/atol as #defines.
> > I fixed it by commenting the lines out - they aren't necessary. (This
> > was a long time ago so I could be wrong :)
>
> Thanks, but I tried that, and found that a later subprogram wouldn't
> compile without the atoi stuff. Some of the programs demand it, others
> reject it, whats the solution?

DOH, what I meant to say was:
Comment out the lines that are merely definitions ;)

In this case any call to atoi/atol without an argument. There were
only a couple of places that I had to comment out for nn to compile.

If all else fails, just comment out the lines which give the 'macro used
without args' warning.

So long as you #include <stdlib.h> (which contain the atoi/atol macros)
it should work. nn already includes this.

Sorry if I wasn't all that clear :)

seeya
Anton

--