Re: what can i do with my 386

Joshua Graham Pitcher ((no email))
Thu, 4 May 1995 12:01:02 +1000 (EST)

> On Thu, 4 May 1995, Joshua Graham Pitcher wrote:
>
> > I would suggest:
> > 486 motherboard from your local dodgey dealer ($130)
> > 486sx-25 cpu from me! ($30)
> What? When you already have a DX CPU with the board?

If you can buy a 486dx-33 MB with CPU let me know where so I can buy
about 500 of them! (going rate for a 486dx mb with CPU about $300 last
time I looked)

> > 2 meg of ram from your local dodgey dealer ($140)
> You pay too much for memory.

That was a conservative estimate. If you read the fine print of the ads
adveratising 1mb SIMMs for $55, you'll find these prices are EX-TAX

> And who the hell plays DooM anymore, anyway?

Haven't you got something better to do than nitpick and put down other
peoples suggestions? I still play DOOM (well DOOM 2 actually) as I'm
sure many others do also!

If you're going to reply saying it was just an attempt at humour, I didn't
read it that way.

Josh jpitcher@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au
: