Re: Directions for the Programmers' Society - Part I

Ryan Shelswell (ryan@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Fri, 12 May 1995 11:46:04 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 11 May 1995 pmeric@nospam.vnet.IBM.COM wrote:

> I didn't see the bit where I said that the user identity was a"big
> issue" - I merely used it as an example.

So it's a bad example.

> Maybe you should get reading
> lessons - or maybe that's not the problem - maybe you just have
> difficulty accepting that the JLP is dead and will do anything to
> flog a dead donkey?

Obviously a frustrated guy, eh?

Further flames can be saved from the public list as I'm sure they're
even less interested in hearing them than I am.

> Face the facts - the JLP is history- breaches of the AUP can and will
> be handled in a different manner. It is then up to the ProgSoc members
> to determine if they would benefit from an improved process, and to
> then implement it. What is good in theory doesn't always hold true
> in practise.

As long as they're handled well. Recognition of bad practice is
important in this.

Ryan