Re: Chaos out of Order

Dennis Clark (dennis@nospam.ilanet.slnsw.gov.au)
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 12:10:24 +1000 (EST)

In previous mail, Matthew Hall - Kuring-gai Microshop wrote:

> At 9:13 PM 13/8/95, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> >
> >Mail is at the moment being accepted as such:
> >
> >anton@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au
> >anton@nospam.ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au
> >anton@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au
> >
> >Take your pick of the last two. I would suggest updating .sigs and www
> >pages now to avoid problems in the foreseeable future.
>
> My vote would be for the latter, <user@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au> since we seem to
> have a significant proportion of membership from outside the SoCS.

Look at it again. Removing the 'socs' part of our address has already
been decided. What Anton is asking is whether or not we should our
machine name 'ftoomsh' in E-mail addresses. I think members should have
at most 1 unique E-mail address in ProgSoc, regardless of how many
machines ProgSoc makes available to them. Thus, I agree with making
<user@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au> the standard.

Cheers,

Dennis Clark | Email: dennis@nospam.ilanet.slnsw.gov.au
Programmer, ILANET | Tel: +61 2 230 1424
State Library of NSW | Fax: +61 2 232 8701
"Netscape. The WWW Browser that brought you <BLINK>."