Re: Doom vs Descent

James Richard Webster (jrwebste@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 14:13:23 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Aug 1995 pmeric@nospam.vnet.ibm.com wrote:

> James obviously likes quoting other people... he also seems to take their
> comments to heart when they concur with his opinions... Oh well... should
> make a good salesman... always repeat the slogan, use buzz words, say
> what people like to hear...

Bwahaha! Now there's a combination, a programmer with sales skills!
I'LL MAKE MILLIONS!

[Stuff about Descent being less worthy than Doom, etc deleted]

Yeah okay whatever :) How about you have your opinions and I'll have
mine :)

BTW, you`re previous posting asked if there was a better deathmatch WAD
than SoCS.wad (which I still don't have, and I wasn`t criticising the
work that went into it either!)... have you tried Level7 of Doom][??? A
simple square, (well there's some walls :), no place to run, no place to
hide, it's all down to your reflexes (none of this 'lets hide in the
solarium and blast him as he enteres the Interface room!').

> I remember Wizball on the C64 back in the early 80's... countless
other
> great games back then. Now, they're being churned out without much
> thought. Game makers just want to ride on the waves of hype in the media
> and (game) industry... 3D, VR, Multimedia, live video etc.

Yeah, Wizball was very good (and very ORIGINAL). I wish someone would do
a PC version (with FMV, rendered cut-sequences, 64k colour graphics :)

> I think I want to go out and get a C64 and play Wizball again :-)

I'll sell you mine? NO WAY, could be worth something in a couple of years

Later,
James

| jrwebste@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au | MSN != FOI |
| woody@nospam.ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au | Warp 4ever |
| The BloodNet home-page, for the Oz demo scene |
| http://ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~woody/ |