Re: Windows 95 PPP Setup

Steve Evans (steve@nospam.ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au)
Sun, 3 Sep 1995 00:12:29 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 2 Sep 1995, Benjamin Lin wrote:

> After several failed connecns and adjustments, I was finally able to
> connect to socs modems through PPP in Win and the Winsock apps seem to be
> running fine. However, when I tried to connect to any machine outside the
> socs domain by ftp, http, or whatever, it would not recognise them, not
> even those in the itd domain. I suspect the problem is the DNS
> Configuration, currently I have 2 entries in DNS Server list, first is
> 138.25.8.19 (pig-pen) and the second one is 138.25.9.1 (lucy). Is this
> the problem or there is something else that could be wrong??

Yeah had this prob to... ended up going back to tia ... MUCH better ... esp
at 28.8 ... and at least you don't have to call back to get a shell again..

I think the prob with the ppp setup is intentional - a security feature???
dunno... but it felt like packet filtering to me ...

Cya..
Steve..

--
    Steve Evans                           steve@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au