Re: Could we *PLEASE* have a DOOM comp???

rj (rj@nospam.ftoomsh.progsoc.uts.edu.au)
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 22:27:48 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Sep 1995, Geoffrey John Croxson wrote:

> DOOM Freaks beware,
> The maths labs on level 16 are DX2/66 and have Doom installed

Do they have 16Meg ?
Why not the pentiums on level 4 ? I'm sure doom doesn't really need the
floating point divides :)

> sneakily on them, which means we might be able to book the lab out for
> thee day, or just go and use it... u decide,

I don't know who organized the itd room last time, but 'officially' itd
don't want them used for games. (Do i hear graphics class ?)
I am sure we can persuade people to move to the other room without
bothering to book the room.
Do i hear a how are we going to install it ?
A 15 Meg ram disk does wonders along with a few network drivers.
I already have the client/server disks set up. So we install doom on one
PC and mount that ram disk of all the others.

just an option...
rj.