Re: Win95 TCP/IP, PPP

Everything But The Girl (piers@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 16:19:38 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Sammy Yousef wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Everything But The Girl wrote:
>
> > Third, get a life. Sammy, you didn't need to reply to Steve's msg the way
> > you did. When you finally posted something useful (the Win95 script), that
> > was good. Just keep a grip, huh? Steve's meaning was obvious, he was
> > clearly writing from memory and indicated that his memory may well be in
> > error at the crucial point. Any intelligent user would check the process
> > carefully first time through and verify the veracity (or otherwise) of
> > Steve's post. Peter, I know it's fun, but don't wind Sammy up so much.

The "get a life" was directed at Sammy *and* Peter. Don't take things so
personally. Reread the above. "get a life. Sammy, blah.."
^ ^
full stop comma

(i.e. *NOT* "..get a life, Sammy." You note I address Peter in the last
sentence.)

> Look I'm sick to death of all the abuse on this list. I wrote what I did
> because I thought it would be helpful to someone if they tried to write a
> script and put in the number 5 without [ snip ]
> Finally do you ppl realise I wasn't trying to put Steve down? It so
> happens that I wasn't even aware that win95 allowed for scripting, and
> would not have been made aware of the fact except that I read Steve's
> post. I was trying to make it simpler for ppl to write a script, and my
> first post was an initial reaction to the message.

Be careful of the tone of your writing.

> Btw. The script I posted has a small intermitent bug so anyone who wants
> to use it mail me and I'll send an updated script.

Want to send the ammendment to me so that I may add it to the TFM archive?
Come to think of it, should TFM support Win95? Isn't that against our
charter or something?

Piers