Re: cryptography

matthew gream (M.Gream@nospam.uts.edu.au)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 18:14:59 +1000

`daedalus' wrote:

> And secondly, does anyone know some good reference sources (like
> documents) on cryptography on the net?

There are many places, try

http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~rivest
http://draco.centerline.com:8080/~franl/crypto.html

for starters.

If you are looking for "reference sources" (i.e. introductory concept
building material) I suggest you try something in a more conventional
medium. The UTS library has copies of three introductory books which
are well respected: Dorothy Denning's ``Cryptography and Data
Security'', Jennie Seberry and Josef Pieprzyk's ``Cryptography: An
Introduction to Computer Security'' and Bruce Schneier's ``Applied
Cryptography''. The latter is contemporary.

mg.

--
Matthew Gream <m.gream@nospam.uts.edu.au> (work: matthewg@nospam.jtec.com.au)