Re: diskusers

Andrew Polowczyk ((no email))
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 15:18:09 +1100 (EST)

Ryan Shelswell wrote the following:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 1996, Steve Evans wrote:
>
> > I think we should have a vote on whether or not we should implement quota's
> >
> > I can see no reason why a 10-15 meg quota couldnt be enforced ... with
> > say a 20-30 meg limit for 1 day???
> >
> > Anybody having reason to need more quota, of course could apply for it??
>
> Steventius! O how the wars hath changed thee!
>
> Quotas can work I think, but is the current post-the-bad-boys system so
> bad? Seems to me to be more flexible.

It's good in that it's flexible. It sucks when your home partition runs
out of diskspace cause other ppl have fragged it.

> I've never had space problems on ftoomsh, so I wouldn't know: has anyone
> had space problems that weren't resolved with the posting tactic?

Eventually... tho one person didn't take too kindly to being told he was...
in the wrong. This would help reduce the possibility of that. Most ppl
wouldn't need more then 10 meg for an account.

Andrew