Re: !@nospam.%#* LINUX! (or, help me!)

Anand Kumria (wildfire@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au)
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 00:18:11 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, James 'Woody' Webster wrote:

> My system contains an ASUS PCI/I-486SP3 mainboard, with onbard NCR53810
> SCSI controller chip - Conner and Quantum harddrives, a Sony CDU-76S _SCSI_
> CD-ROM drive, AWE32 soundcard and no-name NE2000 compatible. Also a Diamond
> Stealth 32 (which I belive will make Xwindows a bugger to get going).

I think it may be that you have a PCI interrupt set on a device that
isn't there, or isnt active. Take a look at your BIOS configuration and
make sure. Slackware v3 is able to make use of an NCR53810 controller,
just not very efficently (at the kernel revision your using). Once
everything starts running correctly, definately consider upgrading to a
newer kernel, they are much quicker with that particular SCSI chip.

Anand.

--
 `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
  its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are