[ProgSoc] Linux and SATA Drives

Hey all,

I have a few HP xw4100 workstations I am trying to get Fedora Core 2 up
and running on. The problem is they all have Seagate SATA drives.

Has anyone got fedora successfully running with a SATA drive?

I get half way through the install and then it locks up. It also runs
extremely slow (Estimating 150 mins to complete a full install :-(

The machines have an Intel chipset so I assume they have an onboard Intel
SATA controller.

cheers,
Dan