[ProgSoc] Backups are here!

Hi all,
Just thought I should let people know, Progsoc is now *finally* doing backups
again.  I figured I should really get them going before I got around to
upgrading orgo, just in case something goes catastrophically wrong.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, weekly backups are now being made of all
user home directories, mail and of the web site.  Two weeks of backups are
being kept for now, if you ever need to access these backups the latest
version can be found mounted read-only in /backup/backup.0 on trogdor, or the
previous week's in /backup/backup.1 (though there is of course no "last week"
yet).   You will of course only be able to access those files you would
normally be able to access, and you can't modify these backups, but it should
give everyone a good safety net for accidentally deleted files.

Next up: moving the databases from sutekh to incubus

Cyall later,
--
David Edney
Computer Systems Officer