Re: [ProgSoc] ftp account and ISA cards

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:37 pm, you wrote:
> 1)does progsoc allow ftp access to the machines? can i access my progsoc
> account via ftp? if so which machines and how do i set it up?

Yes, not all machines have ftp, but the alias ftp.progsoc.uts.edu.au should
always point at an ftp-enabled machine.

> 2)I have a ISA (video) card, and was wondering since i dont have any ISA
> slots (all of them are extinch in modern day PCs) so is there an adaptor
> for ISA to other PC interfaces (such as USB, PCI, SCSI, IDE(?))?

I *really* doubt there is any such adapter.  Is there any reason you want to
use the ISA video card in a non-ISA machine?  You do realise you can get a
new video card for next to nothing these days, certainly less than any
hypothetical PCI->ISA adapter would be.
--
David Edney
Computer Systems Officer