[ProgSoc] Question regarding web pages

Hey guys,

bit of a basic question but my parents work has been having odd problems like this for a while now. Their pages are hosted with an external hosting company (the name has slipped my mind) who also provides a statistics service. This is all working correctly.

However, looking through pages people have accessed things such as command.exe and command.com from the webpage. What are the implications of people attempting to/actually accessing executables on the server? Does this present a security risk of any sort? I currently cant see how it does as the server is not actually present at my parents work (as said before, run by a different company) and doesnt have any passwords, etc remotely stored.

Ill post a screendump of the access list when i get it from my parents.

Your comments would be appreciated