Re: [ProgSoc] iPod ripoff.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Nathan de Vries wrote:

> This time I'm not so sure. Not sure if you guys were aware of it, but Aldi
> sells computers every quarter that can be stripped and sold as parts for a
> pretty hefty profit. The gear they sell is good, people just aren't
> willing to trust them. Brand recognition rules the market.

I'm sure Aldi make / have good computers.  And I'm sure this device is
really really good.  But like you said, brand recognition ...

The previous ones I've heard about (the Rios?) have had tons of features
under the sun, such as Ogg, FLAC, WMA, more disk space, more features, FM
tuners, microphones, no checking in I think, yeah and memory slots ...
better headphones probably, you name it.

But I never feel like shutting off my ears to the world unless it's for
listening to NewsRadio, and those that do, buy an iPod.  That also rules
me out for podcasting.

Frankly, nothing less than an AM tuner, or DVB-T or Eureka audio tuner,
would interest me.

Or, like I said, a USB key with a battery.

CK.