Re: [ProgSoc] Minutes of Progsoc meeting Thursday 3rd March

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:03 pm, Matthew Beauregard wrote:
> Restrict user access to service machines (incubus succubus orgo medusa):
>  Not technically feasible at the moment to restrict non-admin users from
> these machines.  For now, add motd notice and short idle limits on server
> machines to educate users and discourage non-essential use.

Done, users now have 10 minute limits on succubus and incubus.

>  Dan Hreszczuk has volunteered to evaluate and install a webmail program

Uh... I kinda had nothing to do this afternoon, so I went and set up
squirrelmail on incubus.  Webmail is now available on
webmail.progsoc.uts.edu.au, it ended up being a lot easier to set up than I
expected.

>  Subversion and tomcat for user accounts
Well, tomcat has already been installed on incubus, as of a few weeks ago (a
user asked me to install it).  Subversion, well, not yet, but I'm sure I can
arrange it.
--
David Edney
Computer Systems Officer