Re: [ProgSoc] Projects that will make us famous

I'm very tempted to tackle a distributed binary package system for Gentoo. When you emerge something, it checks if someone has already done it with the same USE flags (or shows any that are a close match). Only problem is, you need a large user base from the start for it to even be mildly successful. That, and have people maintain their own binary repository (I do, but most people don't).

Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas. If I think of something, I'll let you know. Or if my PFY thinks of something, I'll just say I thought of it ;).

Cheers,

Nathan.

PS: No more user@xxxxxxxxxx problems. I'll look at pointing Squirrelmail to LDAP later as well.