[ProgSoc] BuySoc: Thin laptops!

Hi all!  Thanks for the advice on digital cameras -- we now know the
importance of fast internal RAM and the uselessness of LCDs in some
situtations.

I'm also helping advise someone on a notebook (they are rabid anti-Mac).
So far I like the look of the Optima Centoris W259 -- is there anything
this thin with widescreen 15" for under $2,000?

Sleek widescreen form factor, DVD burning, and wifi are all features I'm
looking for at around $2K.

I notice Aldi released a =very= sweet deal yesterday -- a Medion MD 95400
for $2299.  It includes all of the above, plus external digital+analogue
TV tuner and remote!

Has anyone seen that ubergeek laptop that provides LCD FM tuner on the
front lip, via remote control?  I think it's the DigitalStar PowerNote
D900T, but it looks like a hot, heavy piece of machinery.

CK.