Re: [ProgSoc] Ah.. Progsoc email list is still here!

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 08:51 am, chlaught@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just thought i try webmail and see if it worked, and wala i have 60 new
> messages, the progsoc pop server went offline about 4 weeks ago, any ideas
> what happeened there, have some settings changed that I don't know about ?

As someone who has been downloading and reading their mail fine constantly for
the last several weeks, what exactly is the problem you've been having?  I'd
suggest making sure you are using mail.progsoc.uts.edu.au as your mail
server, since that way if a machine goes down I can just move the service
elsewhere (for example, succubus has been having issues lately, so I moved
its service aliases to other working machines, though I'm quite sure the main
succubus problem is now resolved)

That said, since I moved the service alias, there is always a chance that
maybe some minor setting has changed, particularly with regards to encryption
or authentication, have you checked that your end isn't simply rejecting the
server because of that?
--
David Edney
Computer Systems Officer