Re: [ProgSoc] Webcam

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Nathan de Vries wrote:

> Can I be the first to say that I'm not particularly keen on this idea?
> After the initial wank factor, all you've got is a cam pointing at

Well I'll defend your so-called 'wank factor'.  It's a beautiful city, and
every day is different.  Whereas the ProgSoc room ... sigh.

> something / someone of no interest to you. At least with it in the room or
> some part of the uni it's slightly relevant to Progsoc.

Well look, I'll back down a bit:  It's such a great, high resolution
camera on an automated pan/tilt with zoom ... it DEMANDS a view.  What I
want to propose is getting a webcam-style webcam for the room.  I don't
actually mind a camera in the room!  It's just ... wasted?

> That being said, I don't actually know whos cam it is. If it's yours CK
> then I withdraw that comment and you can do as you please :p.

Nah, it was generously donated by one of our members (was it dubz?)
whose job it was to work on those models a couple of AGMs ago.

Anyway I'm all for tracking down another camera for the room.  It's almost
a tradition to have one, having had a copule of different models now.
Let's get one with heat-sensitive CCD  :)

> PS: Did I RSVP in time? :D

For the thing?  Yep  :)

CK.