Re: [ProgSoc] Webcam

On 15/04/2005, at 18:05, Myles Byrne wrote:

Christian Kent wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Nathan de Vries wrote:
>

>>Can I be the first to say that I'm not particularly keen on this idea?
>>After the initial wank factor, all you've got is a cam pointing at
>

> Well I'll defend your so-called 'wank factor'. It's a beautiful city, and
> every day is different. Whereas the ProgSoc room ... sigh.

I'm with ck on this. Especially after the previously mentioned 'incident'. If the camera wasn't worth so much I would have myles'd it then byrne'd it [I just came up with that then. I'm wasting my time in IT, the comic circuit is calling out to me]

> Anyway I'm all for tracking down another camera for the room. It's almost
> a tradition to have one, having had a copule of different models now.
> Let's get one with heat-sensitive CCD :)

This is a good idea. The less 'resolution' in the room the better.

will someone please just THINK OF THE CHILDREN !?!

[keyword summary: webcam + dave & ra / marcus clicking / kids watching / horror ]

I agree, a view dammit! Let's do what we can!
A USB webcam costs less than $50- these days anyway.

-Andi.