Re: [ProgSoc] Full disk encryption

Encrypted DMGs may be an option. Not sure how song the cipher is.

Greg On 09/05/2005, at 11:27 PM, Red wrote:

As I'm travelling back to Australia, I will do so with an external firewire drive, with all my worldly bytes backed up onto. Now seeings as I'll be travelling through a number of airports and customs desks I'd really like to have my disk fully encrypted. Not that there is anything of a illegal nature, but there is certainly a large number of personal documents, including scanned bank statements, medical records etc (all in the hope of reducing cost of coming home).

Therefore I need a free disk encryption tool. It needs to work on FAT32 file systems, as its formatted as such so i could back up both my PC and my Powerbook, working on OS X would be a bonus but Win2k/XP is fine. It needs to work on large partitions 250gb+ and also handle long file names.

Can anyone suggest such a tool? PGP disk encryption would be great, but I don't want to pay the big bucks just to use one part of their suite.

Cheers,
Bryn v1

echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx] sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc

Bryn D Price
redshift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bryn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.jROO.com