Re: [ProgSoc] SMTP - Authenticated

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:42 am, Anand Kumria wrote:
 ] I'm asusming you'll want it protected via either TLS and/or SSL so your
 ] email is safe from prying eyes?

 I'm sure that some years ago (1999 ish) it was set up so that
 after you had authenticated via pop/imap, the smtp service would
 happily relay mail from your IP address for some short (an hour or
 so) period of time.

 This system worked pretty well, and I'd always assumed that it was
 some built-in functionality of whatever combination of services
 progsoc was running at the time (was it exim back then?).

 Just as an aside.

 Jedd.