[ProgSoc] The joy of Tiger and Samba

 Howdi,

 Are any of the Mac users aware of the solution to the problem that
 seems to be hitting a few Mac/Samba users lately?  Without going
 into huge detail (if you know about it, you know about it) there was
 an initial change to 10.4.something for user/share level auth in
 samba, and more recently some problems with samba logs showing
 errors with problems allocating network or memory resources.

 There's plenty of list archives around showing detailed analysis of
 these problems since early August, but none of the ones I've found
 hint at any kind of solution.

 The network I'm having problems with is, of course, running Debian
 unstable(sid) and a bunch of Mac G5's with, I believe, 10.4.2 pretty
 much exclusively.

 Jedd.