Re: [ProgSoc] Serenity Now!

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:27 am, Myles Byrne wrote:
 ] I tried to restrict myself to just lost+battlestar+oc this year. That

 You probably heard the scream of disappointment emanating from
 the Enmore district last week when jedd realised that Pegasus - also
 known as S2E10 - was the last episode for the year, and that the next
 episode was not going to be shown a week later .. but rather sometime
 in January 2006.

 ] keeps it under 3hrs a week, any more than that and I could justify

 I suggested a show (probably Firefly) to a friend a while back .. and
 he then went through and listed all 21 TV shows he was downloading
 and watching each week.  Even sans advertisements, that's still
 clocking in at about 15 hours of TV a week.  On top of that he also
 found time to watch every new release (though I don't know how anyone
 can suffer the screeners) fillum.  What frightened me most was the
 fact he was living with a 60GB drive.  Out of 1.2TB, I've got about
 150gb free.

 Projectors .. are coming down in price.  They almost fit the category
 of 'no moving parts', and so warrant investigating the second hand or
 auction market.  Keep an eye on Gray's, Trading Post, etc.  The best
 bet is to work somewhere that'll let you borrow them -- that way
 they can pay for the bulbs.  Another friend recently bought a 120cm
 rear projection TV for the thick end of $3k.  Can't understand the
 logic of paying that much for anything less than a 3m display.

 i.e. projectors are cheaper, more portable (pros and cons there),
 are visible from any angle, don't suffer the burn in problems of
 plasmas and LCD's (yeah, I know they're getting better) and give
 you a larger display.

 Jedd.