Re: [ProgSoc] Serenity Now!

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Myles Byrne wrote:
I tried to restrict myself to just lost+battlestar+oc this year.

Mmm...my list is a little longer with:

* Prison Break
* Battlestar Galactica
* The OC
* Lost
* Over There
* Surface
* Family Guy
* The occasional Myth Busters.

Prison Break is at the top of my list for a reason. Awesome show. As is Over There, but admittedly it's not everyone's style of series.

... speaking of which has anyone come across any good projectors recently?

I'm currently in the process of finding a decent (yet cheap) 1280x1024 LCD so I can rig up a projector myself. Budget is ~$1200 including the LCD, lenses, globe and MDF for the box. I'll use a threaded PVC plumbing pipe with the lense mounted inside it to give myself room for adjustment. Sure as hell to beat the crap out of what you would normally get for $1200 (Good 800x600, shit 1024x768), and cheaper in the long run considering globes and fittings are always easier to buy.

I'll keep you up to date.

-- Nathan ~CSO