Re: [ProgSoc] Does anyone use IRC (other than Rob, the IRC fiend)?

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 03:19 pm, you wrote:
> That's nice for you, but I can't get access to home from Uni (everything
> times out - SSHing from work and from my website host works fine, but it
> just times out at Uni). I'm with Telstra - anyone have any similar
> problems?

What are you connected via at uni?  I find that I can't connect to home via
the ITD wireless network, but I can via the FIT network.  In any case, the
solution I use is to bounce my session via Progsoc, since it can get nearly
anywhere.  So since I mainly use SSH to tunnel a VNC session through, I
tunnel to Progsoc, then tunnel on again to my home, works fine for me.
--
David Edney
President