Re: [ProgSoc] Re: Reply-To

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 11:15:45AM +1000, Robert Howard wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 02:14:10PM +0000, John Elliot wrote:
> > Seriously, I've tried to defend the anti-Reply-To argument before, but
> > ultimately it's untenable. See me get cut down here: [1] and [2], for
> > example.
>
> Reply-To is great except for one tiny thing: replies to people who send
> once-off mail messages to the list, but aren't a member of the list.
>
> Otherwise, yes, I'd be all for Reply-To.
>
> (I can see it now - Majordomo detects whether a poster or not is a member
> of the list, and sets (or doesn't set) the Reply-To header as
> appropriate. Most likely suggested before, and probably fraught with
> problems.)

... That's the second semi-literate email I've sent to a list
today. Let's try that again:

Reply-To is great except for one tiny thing: replies to people who send
once-off mail messages to the list, but aren't actually list members. Think
FlogSoc, or similar.

Otherwise, yes, I'd be in full support of Reply-To.

(I can see it now - Majordomo detects whether or not a poster is a member

--
Rob Howard
Computer Systems Officer