Re: [ProgSoc] progsoc wiki lives here now

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 16:02 +1000, Chris Deigan wrote:

> "jedd".quote;
> > Given they'll be self-signed certs anyway, I doubt that this will
> > be a concern -- others are better placed to comment on this.
>
> Self-signed are like, err. Perhaps we should give the certificates some
> credibility and get some generated at http://www.cacert.org/?

ProgSoc is not an incorporated body and, consequently, could not meet
CAcert's requirements for organisational certification. Even if it
could, CAcert root certs are not yet present in Firefox or IE out of the
box, although this may well change eventually.

Additionally, I really don't believe that ProgSoc has sufficient control
of its infrastructure to warrant the use of keys that can be
authenticated strongly. (Anyone believing otherwise might care to
attempt to reconcile their belief with the periodic changes to host SSH
keys on ProgSoc machines.)

- Raz