Re: [ProgSoc] ipod battery

On 14/06/2006, at 9:29 PM, Roland Turner wrote:

- providing undergraduates with a degree is exactly what Australian
universities are supposed to be doing, unfortunately

Your right, and its fucking unfortunate. Not to put words in their mouths but I completely get where John and Nathan are coming from and share pretty much the exact opinions of UTS, and from speaking to associates, Australian universities in general. What I've come to realise now is that I never really wanted a degree, I wanted an education and was under the naive impression that's was a degree was.

I feel like I wasted my time and my money (a membership in progsoc is really the on benefit I took away from UTS) but the reality was I didn't know what I was buying. Luckily for myself (and obviously many on this list) the internet provides a great way to get an education and at the very least I wont have to go through life wondering what the kids at university learnt.

Apologies for the melancholy tone ... I've been drinking.

I'll post some rails stuff tomorrow ;)

--

(\ /)
(O.o)