Re: [ProgSoc] debian potato and Bind9

>Boo fucking hoo. Tell her, or you're condoning the proliferation of
>dip-shits in the industry. Paid dip-shits. Dip-shits that will take
>the jobs of people who *do* know what they're doing.

I completely agree with you there, and what's more, it utterly shits me that these consultants can get paid more than I do for less work, get away with knowing less, and on top of that they have the luxury of being able to walk away and leave the consequences to someone else.
I think I want to be a consultant.

That aside, my main issue is that these consultants are employed on a a pretty much full time basis. It would cause all sorts of shit if I was to start to undermine their credibility, so it's something I'd have bring up very carefully. These consultants are basically the only IT staff the company has outside of software developers, and now me (scary, I know).
The thing is, I really haven't seen them perform on a technical level yet. The stuff they seem to be doing now is project management and coordinating the move of their current staff into our new office.
I'll see how well they know their stuff on Thursday when we need to move all those machines, I only hope it's well enough.

Michael.