Re: [ProgSoc] Incubus httpd down again?

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 10:48 am, David Edney wrote:
 ] parameters.  It's considered good practice these days to deactivate
 ] register_globals in php, and given we're running a wide variety of
 ] assorted scripts belonging to many users, we may be best turning it off.

 IIRC, it's disabled out of the box with PHP5 -- but we're still
 running PHP4 on incubus (at least).

 Would v5 ameliorate any of the problems we're having with PHP
 in any other way?  php5 is available on incubus, but none of the
 other support packages are, so it'd probably require a backport.

 Jedd.