Re: [ProgSoc] Another project Idea

Michael Brown wrote:

A cheaper option would be to get a USB keyboard and hack it.
Strathfield car radio had them for $4 at one point and that is the cheapest USB keyboard controller you will find.
Just map your big blue button to a keyboard character and get your software to interpret it to your command.

I agree.
I run a program called iTunesKeys that I found randomly on the net to catch keystrokes and control my iTunes while I've got other programs running that might also catch the multimedia keystrokes or be otherwise affected by the operation of the MS program that is supposed to catch them.
It's easy to configure and runs reliably.
Painting a few bits of plastic bright colours and whacking them on a chopped keyboard shouldn't be too hard.
Good luck with the project! It sounds really worthwhile.

Peter