RE: [ProgSoc] Windows programming problem

Yes, always... I can't stand it being the other way around, although its
been a long time since I noticed the funny quirks of the Win9x explorer.

If you close and re-open the toolbar after changing it, it will persist it.
However, if you are changing it regularly, then I guess its not a long term
solution. Also, you will probably lose icon-ordering every time you shut one
down.

I've don't recall ever having TortoiseSVN crash on me, but maybe its been a
while. Grab AutoRuns from Sysinternals and see what else it could be.

After much searching for a solution to your problem, I have come up with
nothing. Non-standard Desk Bars (e.g. Google toolbar, Adobe PDF, Location
bar, etc) use the IDeskBar interface, and assuming you could enumerate the
active COM components through an Explorer Shell interface, you might be able
to call IPersistStream on them. However, the "Quick Launch" toolbars seem to
be deeply buried within comctl32.dll, shell32.dll and shdocvw.dll with no
programmatic interface. You might be out of luck, unless you can hack
together a solution. If it really bugs you, maybe you should fork out the
odd $200 for support, or beg them to improve this "feature" of Windows [1].

Cheers,

Nigel

1: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?WS=Wish