Re: [ProgSoc] Programming! Code!

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 19:18 +1000, John Elliot wrote:

> On Thursday 19 October 2006 18:15, Roland Turner wrote:
> > Theory of computation, the sort of thing a good CS degree includes.
>
> Hah!
>
> ...you don't know where I could find one of those..? ;)

I managed to construct out of what was on offer at UTS :-) The
aforementioned SDCS was structured so that no more than (and in practice
fewer than) one student in ten needed a sound grasp of the theory. The
text was Papadimitriou's "Elements of the Theory of Computation", but
IIRC, I had already learned a fair chunk of it from Aho/Sethi/Ullman's
Compilers Principles, Techniques and Tools (the red dragon book).

- Raz